COVID-19: New Council advice on the coordination of vacation measures within the EU
Persons with a valid EU electronic COVID certification
All travellers with a legitimate EU digital COVID certification should really be exempt from screening and quarantine/self-isolation.
An EU digital COVID certificate is valid if the man or woman concerned has:
- done the comprehensive primary vaccination collection with an EU-authorised COVID-19 vaccine (and far more than 14 days and much less than 9 months have handed considering that the final dose) OR
- acquired a booster of an EU-permitted COVID-19 vaccine OR
- recovered from COVID-19 and significantly less than 180 days have handed given that the date of the constructive test outcome OR
- obtained a destructive PCR test end result not much more than 72 several hours just before arrival or a negative immediate antigen exam final result not more than 24 hours in advance of arrival
EU countries could also settle for vaccines accredited by the Entire world Health and fitness Group (WHO).
Men and women with out a legitimate EU electronic COVID certificate
Persons without having a valid EU digital COVID certificate could be essential to choose a exam prior to or no later than 24 hours right after arrival.
Transport workers, clients travelling for crucial healthcare good reasons, seafarers and folks residing in border regions and travelling often should really be exempt from this need.
Passenger Locator Kind (PLF)
Travellers can be expected to fill in a passenger locator form (PLF) when they arrive using collective modes of transport
Below 12 years aged: not expected to have an EU electronic COVID certification
12-18 years old: identical regulations as grown ups
Mapping of possibility parts and associated measures
The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Manage (ECDC) publishes a weekly typical color-coded map of possibility regions to help EU countries’ choices.
The map is centered on details furnished by member states on the next common criteria:
- tests charge = the amount of exams per 100 000 individuals for the duration of the past 7 days
- 14-working day cumulative instances = amount of new scenarios for each 100 000 people in the last 14 times
- vaccination uptake
Dark red places
- all non-crucial vacation to these parts need to be discouraged
- doable supplemental actions for non-vaccinated or non-recovered travellers: testing prior to arrival and quarantine/self-isolation on arrival
- children underneath 6 ought to be exempt from quarantine or tests
- small children beneath 12, if they have a legitimate EU digital COVID certification, need to be exempt from quarantine
Unexpected emergency brake mechanism
A member state or the European Fee can result in an unexpected emergency brake centered on information from ECDC stories:
- if the epidemiological condition in a region deteriorates swiftly
- in certain in which a variant of concern or fascination is detected
Underneath the unexpected emergency brake steps this kind of as testing and quarantine can be introduced, together with for EU electronic COVID certificate holders and important travellers.
If the unexpected emergency brake is brought on, EU international locations must discuss feasible coordinated steps in the Council, in cooperation with the European Fee.
Information for travellers
All details and updates are readily available on the EU site reopen.europa.eu